Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any advice please as feeling sick with worry!  (Read 6473 times)

MelRice

• Joined Jun 2011
Re: Any advice please as feeling sick with worry!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 08:11:15 am »
Going back to the broody bit...My very protective broody did nothing to help one of hers that got stuck. It had made a hole and just started along the zip when I first looked at two live chicks stage. Then when we had seven live chicks the zip was halfway round the shell (i know it was the same egg as it was slightly darker than the others) By next morning no more chicks...zip no longer. By next eve i gave up The last two eggs were not fertile and the Zipped egg was silent ! Good luck with yours. Just the last few days my very very protective broody has told her chicks to go away and she has started to lay again. They were so funny at the start ,quite lost and confused but now (two days later) they have sparated themselves into a four and a three and wander around quite happily!

Rosehill

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Any advice please as feeling sick with worry!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:08:21 am »
Thanks for all the advice. I am calm ! And now have 6 gorgeous chicks all being lovely xx although I think I am just a natural worrier as every now and again I get the what if? Or the are they all doing this ..... I will not be calm until they are all grown up - my first chicken babies xxx  :love:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS