Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We have ducklings  (Read 5380 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
We have ducklings
« on: February 11, 2009, 06:27:53 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Today 3 have hatched all KC's the aylesbury eggs are rolling around the incubator.  Sorry just had to share .... :&> :&> :&>

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Re: We have ducklings
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »
Congrats. I remember my first goslings hatching, they were enormous after the chicks. What a buz it gives you when they seems to come to life after being a boring old shell. :&> :&> :&>
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:22:00 pm »
Well done!!  ;D ;D ;D I love this time of year with all the new life!!! ;D ;D  :&> :&> :&> :&>

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44:27 pm »
How lovely! I was so puzzled the first time how that could have fitted into an egg! I take it you are raising them inside (brrrrr...) :&>

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 06:50:15 am »
Inside oh yes, they have a heat lamp fitted in the shower.  (Which is fine as long as we dont have guests).

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:37:15 am »
Nothing like new life to cheer you up  :&> :)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31:00 pm »
Now up to 11 (shower is going to be too small soon).

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 06:38:13 pm »
Can't get the idea of you showering with fluffy ducklings swimming around your feet!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Think my kids would love that, although have had a piglet in the bath before now (minus the water that is)  :&> :&> :&> :&> :pig: :pig: :pig:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 02:01:15 pm »
Fortunately have given up showering for the bath, much warmer in this weather.  Odd though as now 13 little heads  pop up over the edge of the shower tray to watch my ablutions. 

Why did you have a pig in you bath?  Thank God Hilary never thought of that one!!!!!!

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 06:56:41 pm »
Would be funny to see a full grown pig in the bath (with candles and glass of wine! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D). Mother stood on her and cut her in half, so she was stitched back up, told she wouldn't survive so kept her in the bath and feed her on goats milk. Turned in to lovely sow called babe, never liked being in with the other pigs though thought she was a dog! ;D ;D :pig: :pig: :pug:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 08:30:20 am »
You should have a chat with Carole re Lulu. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS