Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: It's a boy!  (Read 4187 times)

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
It's a boy!
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:40:36 am »
I have not been on for a while as I have been busy with livestock - new weaner pigs, lambing, eggs hatching etc and working night shifts. I arrived home Saturday morning to be greeted by a newborn highland calf. My first.  :o I was so excited.  ::) It appears to be a bull calf and is just like a little teddy bear.  ;D  :cow:
Karen

HappyHippy

Re: It's a boy!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 02:25:21 pm »
I'd LOVE to see pictures please !!!
I love Highlands, hubby used to look after a herd and I became quite attached to Hamish the bull and all his lovely offspring !
Congratulations

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:33:38 pm »
Congratulations! They are the lovliest calves. The Smalholders Association visited a Highland fold last spring and they had a gorgeous blonde calf - I'd have loved to have brought her home.

sandy

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:36 pm »
I would also love to see a photo, such beautiful cattle, what a great photo you could take, well doe

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 06:55:10 pm »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Confession time. I have known for about 2 weeks that Marmite is indeed Ginger Spice. I noticed when she had a weee that it was not from the same place as a boy. I thought I might keep quiet about this mistake but now I feel I must confess.  :o  :cow:
Karen

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »
That's good news isn't it?  Use her for breeding.  CONGRATULATIONS by the way!  When do we get to see a photo?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:26:47 pm »
I shouldn't worry about mistaken identity!  When my friends phoned me to say this litter had been born they said there were 7 boys and 2 girls - these are experienced dog breeders.  Allez was one of the THREE boys and there were SEVEN girls.  Not only did they mis-sex them, they also mis-counted them! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS