Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: new home...  (Read 2659 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
new home...
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »
... Max, our wether (now 10 months) has, hopefully, got a nice new home!
as there are no other goats, I persuaded my husband that we should let the more timid of the twin girls go with him, letting us concentrate on raising a placid milker of the other.

the family are lovely, and local,with a smallholding (chickens, pigs, cade lambs raised to slaughter etc)  and want pets & ground-clearers, so Max &  Meg will live a life of riley.  and be spoilt rotten by the 4 girls Im sure!

just waiting for them to sort out fences etc.....  (and not change their minds :o  )

and yes, I will be very upset to see them go, but its for the best   :-\    :goat:
Little Blue

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: new home...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:32 pm »
oo  :goat: I bet you'll miss them  :love: at least you can visit if they are local
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:04:00 am »
Thats good news - it is hard to get rid of male goats, maybe slightly easier than rehoming cockerels!!!

I am supposed to be selling Bobby the smaller of our intact goats, but I do find it hard to let them go.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:59:04 pm »
well, they went today.....
fairly quietly actually.  Max seems like he loves the eldest girl already - when they came to look he was showing off and playing with her, and followed her to the trailer today good as gold (he complained at us when he had his collar put on!)

Meg was carried, she and Max are real pals, so they'll look after each other in this goats' paradise of green they are going to!

Mum, Dad and sister are all quiet here, they've been quite spoilt today (no change there then!) so are probably too full to make a fuss....
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »
Awww.....pleased the move went well .....at least Max and Meg are together, which is nice. 

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:08:21 am »
Glad it all went ok for you  :wave:
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:55 pm »
thankyou Hatty & Roxy....
And the milk from Geraldine just went up by a whole bottle!! Surely Meg couldnt pack all that away! ;D
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:15 am »
Oh,  I bet she could drink that much!!  If you take the other kid away ....you will have two bottles full!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS