Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: agricultural insurance companies - i need to get advice  (Read 2377 times)

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
agricultural insurance companies - i need to get advice
« on: February 04, 2009, 08:10:42 am »
hello again

Might need to speak  to a insurance company  that would insure me against pipes that run under proposed land i might buy that supply a village with a private water supply.

The fear of course is buying the land - finding out you need to replace the pipes - mega big bill = poorforever - lots of stress.

If there is companies that anyone has had a good expierience with over any unusual problems or  can advise me ofa company that they may have heard good things of i would be grateful - thanks again

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: agricultural insurance companies - i need to get advice
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:09:32 pm »
Try your local water company. We have insurance from Homeserve through Scottish Water for the pipes that feed our house that are between the main and the house. Week after we took it out, there was a burst - how lucky was that?

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: agricultural insurance companies - i need to get advice
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:50:46 am »
Thants  handy to know for home - Thank you- they just repair the  ones on the pavement i guess and then the rest are down to your responsibility.  Yes i think thats good advice  and taken

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS