Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 7192 times)

Lizt

• Joined Jan 2008
Hello!
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:43:56 pm »
Just found this site (recommended from Anglo-Info site) - how amazing! I will be spending aaaaaaaaaaaages here!
We are in the process of buying some land and a large 'house' (Lol!) in Brittany with a view to living a more self-sufficient life style. I've had a quick look at some of your posts and it seems this site is just what we need! Looking forward to sharing and learning from you folks!
Liz

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:06:40 pm »
Welcome Lizt, where in Brittany are you moving to?
Iam from dept 56 also.
Looking forward to reading your news and will be interested in what animals you decide to keep
Cheers
Carole

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:16:30 am »
hello and welcome to the forums.... brittany seems to be quite popular with smallholders!  :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:02:20 am »
Hi, Liz, and welcome. Hope you enjoy the site and the forums.

Rosemary

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 11:11:25 am »
You really will have a great time on here Liz! It is easy to lose yourself in some of the topics posted.

A warm Normandy welcome!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Lizt

• Joined Jan 2008
Thankyou for the welcome!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:59 pm »
We are moving close to Mauron in 56 - is that near to you Carole? Currently getting UK house ready to sell in Dorset. Lovely day here at the moment - can you believe I just picked 2 big fat caterpillars off the PSB!
Many thanks
Liz

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »
We came from Dorset which part?  Do you have livestock there?  You will only be about 25 miles away from us.  When you are settled get in touch it would be nice to hear from you.

Lizt

• Joined Jan 2008
Hello Hilarysmum!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:11:20 pm »
We don't have liestock here in Bournemouth (Dorset) but we have had in the past. We kept cows, sheep, pigs, geese, ducks, chickens, goats, bees and rabbits as well as a couple of ponies! That was a while ago - that land is a housing estate now! Here we are so hemmed in I've only enough room for a few veg! It would be great to keep in touch - we complete at the end of March.
Thanks for your response.
Liz (AKA Hollysmum!)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 07:54:15 pm »
We know who Hillary is. Who's Holly?

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 10:16:52 pm »
Hi Lizt
We are near Gourin and Le Faouet which is about 2 hours from you, good luck with the move, let us know when you arrive, hopefully the weather will be kind to you then!!!!
Cheers
Carole

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 01:01:16 pm »
Hi Liz,

Good Luck with your completion - not long now - I'm sure you're gonna absolutely love it.  I've only just recently joined the forum & everyone has been great!  I'm looking forward to the chats & laughs that these guys share - some are a scream & the others make you go Aaah, Really lovely  :)
Take Care, Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS