Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Here's my recipe for 'Dark Chocolate Torte'  (Read 2592 times)

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
Here's my recipe for 'Dark Chocolate Torte'
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:47 am »
Thought I'd share this with you - let me know what you think if you try it!

-----------------------------------

Dark Chocolate Torte

Ingredients

250g dark chocolate
2 tbsp golden syrup
568ml carton double cream
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
cocoa powder, for dusting

Method:

1. Break the chocolate in small pieces into a large heatproof bowl. Spoon in the syrup and pour in about a quarter of the cream. Stand the bowl over (not in) a pan of hot water over the lowest possible heat and leave until the chocolate has melted, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pan and stir to combine. Leave until barely warm (dip your little finger in to check).

2. Get your cake tin ready. Do this whilst you are waiting for the chocolate to melt and cool so you're not hanging around. Cut out a disc to fit in the bottom of the tin and 3 strips to line the sides.

3. Pour the rest of the cream into a very large bowl and tip in the cinnamon. Whip until the cream thickens - when you shake the bowl the cream should wobble like a thick milkshake, and when you dribble some cream from the whisk, the trail it leaves in the cream below should disappear in 1-2 seconds.

4. Fold the two together. Pour the cooled chocolate into the bowl containing the cream. With the largest metal spoon you've got, fold the cream and chocolate together in a figure-of-eight motion. Don't be nervous - keep going until they are evenly and smoothly mixed and the mixture has a soft, pillowy, downy texture - you will see and feel it thicken as you fold.

5. Set the torte. Pour the chocolate cream into the tin and level the surface with the back of the spoon. Put the tin in the fridge and leave to firm up. This can happen in under an hour, but you may need to leave it longer, depending on the coldness of your fridge.

6. Unmould and serve. Invert a serving plate over the torte and turn the torte upside down on to it. Lift off the tin base. Dust all over with cocoa and serve in thin slices (with a drizzle of cream.........).

:yum:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Here's my recipe for 'Dark Chocolate Torte'
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:30:30 am »
Bet you can't guess the calories in that ;) ;D ;D ;D  Zillions probably!  ;)  Sounds delish, but it'll have to wait till I am 3 stone slighter!

Wonder how that book for Wizard is getting on?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:47 am »
Yup - loads, that's why I put 'a drizzle of cream', don't want to go over the top.......   :D  :pig:  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:07:47 pm »
just put on 6 pound reading the recipe but I have visitors soon so I may just have to try it

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:38:22 am »
Tried this, it's lovely!
Thank you for the recipe.

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS