Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi there,let me introduce myself  (Read 3125 times)

antfromfarm

• Joined May 2011
  • middleton greater manchester
Hi there,let me introduce myself
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:27:45 am »
Hi there everyone,let me introduce myself .I'm Anthony,a farmer from Manchester area.
I read post of members and am delighted that so many people are as involved in the food/growing industry.
May i just say that if anyone needs any help/advice in either buying/selling or general wellbeing of their cattle they should drop me a line.
I buy quite a number of cattle at all stages of life from smallholders around the area of here and feel that you all play an important role's well as making a bit of money in the coarse of doing what you enjoy.
What ever you do,never be scared by making that first commitment of buying your first calve/stirk,you really cannot loose if done properly

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Hi there,let me introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 02:00:49 pm »
Hi ,we are venturing . Firstly though we are renting out 35 acres to a cattle man for the summer in exchange for experience and meat . Then we are wanting highlands . So we will probably harass you with questions. :wave:

antfromfarm

• Joined May 2011
  • middleton greater manchester
Re: venturing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33:25 pm »
Hi ,yea no probs at all if i can offer any help.
Its really only 90% common sense with a little experience thrown in.Don't let farmers etc scare you off from dipping your toe in the water,although be always vigilant especially in the early year or so.
Yours Ant

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:45:05 am »
Hi and welcome from North Yorkshire.  :wave: No cattle for me, just goats, sheep, chickens, guinea fowl, plus turkeys for christmas.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 12:29:24 pm »
hi and welcome :wave: :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:18:00 pm »
Hi and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS