Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trailblaze  (Read 3633 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Trailblaze
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
On my part its not runners per se.  Its the use of gaudy boxes with little real application.  I agree dog poo bins and litter bins would be of more use.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 09:02:42 am »
I had the same discussion with Dan - I couldn't see the problem either. But Trailblaze is a commercial company; Natural England's remit is to safeguard the countryside. Many see this as the thin end of the wedge - what if McDonald's offers to sponsor wayside cafes? Trailblaze is about competitive running - not about running for recreation. It's also been done without any consultation.

I think probably if you read the site, it will explain what the issues are.

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 11:41:14 am »
Umm, well I concede that it may be setting a precedent for advertising - albeit in a small way and for an obscure, minority product. Not that the countryside is free from adverts anyway - from John Deere on the side of a tractor to the T**co van barreling down the lane.

I've never really though about what Natural England do - or even noticed their existence before.

As for reading the site - well apart from the advertising issue it's mostly a list of rants about M**donalds, or "English Nature should be de-cluttering the countryside", etc.

Personally, I don't want English Nature or anyone else trying to de-clutter MY bit of the countryside by telling me to tidy up the spare lumber pile, or remove my ill-assorted plastic water butts, or remove the pile of rusty iron that I might restore to working order one day, just for the benefit of people who feel that the countryside is there to provide them with scenery.

On that basis I feel I'd be hypocritical to sign a petition to object to the odd small box on a fencepost.

just my point of view.

mab

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS