Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: oh to be normal  (Read 6652 times)

poppajohn

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Fenland
  • Grass cutting, what old fellers do!
Re: oh to be normal
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 05:03:15 pm »
My wifes from Kenton but I have turned her! She hates it too now. Her brother loves it, he tried to stay here a few years back but had to go early. His kids couldnt get signals on their mobiles AND " GOD DADDY ITS SOOOOO BOOOORIIING". Mind you my daughter kept winding them up about rats saying they would run across their faces whilst they were in bed.
No sense of humour some folk.........

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 05:36:35 pm »
I know Kenton  :) my parents used to have lots of friends there. I suppose some people are just born town, others country but WHERE you are born doesn't mean that's where you are meant to be. Crikey, does that make sense?! i know what i mean LOL.

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 05:48:35 pm »
I suppose some people are just born town, others country but WHERE you are born doesn't mean that's where you are meant to be. Crikey, does that make sense?! i know what i mean LOL.

Makes perfect sense to me - I was born & grew up in Manchester; and a 'country' friend of mine was horrified when I proposed walking my dog one night when I was staying with him: -

"You can't go out there at night! this is the countryside!! - it's DARK out there!!!"   ;D

(He only goes out at night in his car - into town; or to T**co)

mab

poppajohn

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Fenland
  • Grass cutting, what old fellers do!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
She said she remembers there being a dairy farm about a hundred yards down her road, mind she is getting on a bit now........

It makes sense! I grew up on a mixed hill farm in The Dales and apart from a spell as a fireman have always been in farming, I like folk like you who are honest, my wife shoots now and daughter freaks at towns, grandaughters on her way to being a rural terrorist already at 2. We bought her a battery driven John Deere and if the battery goes flat she screams for hours. Its only three generations or so since folk were forced off the land, its in everybodies blood.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
"You can't go out there at night! this is the countryside!! - it's DARK out there!!!"   ;D

(He only goes out at night in his car - into town; or to T**co)

mab
LOL - but its 'nice' dark! safe dark and country dark - not scary dark where you fear for your life  ;) not branding all cities and towns the same but I always felt more vulnerable living in london and here I feel at home.

poppajohn, love the story about your grandaughter! my 7 yr old once said something that will stay with me forever. I asked her if she thought she'd ever move to the city when she grew up and she said "why on EARTH would I do that mum?!" and looked at me like I'd lost the plot  ;D same daughter asked for a cockerel for Xmas and eldest child wants a goat kid...no expensive computer consoles. oh eloise wants a quad bike too  ::) wouldn't have it any other way though 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS