Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hen house wanted please  (Read 3596 times)

wendyb

• Joined Jan 2009
Hen house wanted please
« on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:56 pm »
Hi I am looking for a hen house for mable and maud my 2 black rocs ( think thats how you spell it. I am a learner so not sure what is best, but if anyone is within 50 - 100 miles or so of doncaster and has a second hand one they would like to sell I would be interested

many thanks

wendy

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Hen house wanted please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:20:30 pm »
I've always been amazed by the price of pet housing. My chickens lay and roost in an old double kitchen cabinet,4ft up on top of pallets. Ok,so it's not pretty,but it's warm,comfy and easy to clean. Anyway,if it's just the two chickens you have,why not something stylish and resonably priced for outdoors..... http://www.shedstore.co.uk/itemlist.php/Larchlap/Overlap_Garden_Store_32/findclas/Overlap_Garden_Store_32   it wouldn't take much to add in a roosting bar and an old orange box for a nest,and if you put in a shelf half way up,somewhere to store the food,spare bedding etc. eh voila! ......... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Hen house wanted please
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 11:01:06 pm »
For £25 more you can get a 6' x 4' Focus or B & Q shed, and it'll hold a few more than two if you want to expand
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS