Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I had to warn the boys..  (Read 2018 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
I had to warn the boys..
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »
Im pretty sure that we are in for one hell of a storm tonight, the sky has been dodgy all day, we've already had rumblings of thunder, but now its so black and feeling so muggy.
I had a chat with the boys when (ooh here comes the rain) I put them to bed and told them there could be some large bangs and that they weren't to be afraid. I just hope that they wont be..I will!!
Closing down 'puter and diving under the bed!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: I had to warn the boys..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:34 pm »
Hope the storm has passed, and your goats coped ok. If we get a thunderstorm it sounds awful and goes on forever, because we are in among a lot of bg hills, so it sounds worse than it probably is.  But husband was in South of France for three weeks and experienced a couple of bad storms ......he said the rain was horrendous and the thunder and lightening the worst he had seen, and being in a caravan it must have been quite scary.

I think hiding is probably a good idea ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:07:36 am »
I had to persuade the soppy bottle lambs to go in, they were laid against the door to their little shed and had managed to shut it so no-one could get in!
Reggie my togg stood out in the storm but savannah the saanen legged it!
typical as had just watered the veggie patch as well - huge downpour! much needed though x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:29 pm »
Happily, the storm didnt last very long, though the rain was very heavy indeed. We have got a proper roof on their house, not tin, so that would have dulled the noise a bit. We could be having more t&l this afternoon and evening according to Meteo, but then again, they NEVER get a forecast right!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS