Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RIP coco cochin cockerel  (Read 4589 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
RIP coco cochin cockerel
« on: March 31, 2011, 06:57:12 pm »
Sad day, my 7 year old daughters cockerel died this morning, he was her xmas present after a year of literally beggin for her own cockerel.
Seems like he died of a heart attack  :(  very upset daughter, very quiet chicken run today.
will definately buy another cochin, lovely breed and such a placid cockerel, real gentleman.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

Re: RIP coco cochin cockerel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:02:43 pm »
Arrh, at least he never ended up as anyones din din!!!!! :'(

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:56 pm »
very true Sandy! he had a good life and it was his err, love of the ladies, that seems to have caused the heart attack  ::)  good life albeit a short one.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »
that is how i want to go (lillians OH)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »
Awww bless, sorry to hear that.   :'(
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:31:57 pm »
that is how i want to go (lillians OH)
LOL too right  ;D  bless him, he probably went happy.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »
what a shame for your daughter, hope she is not too upset! Short but happy life, plums  :chook:

Clara

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:33 am »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your little fella. They are gorgeous chucks and if you're interested  I have two beautiful cochin cockerels - one black and grey and the other white with black splodges on - and they really need to be rehomed. Let me know if you're interested, and big hugs to your daughter. Lv Clara

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:50 pm »
poor Coco, hope your little girl is ok about it....
what a way to go!
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 09:02:41 pm »
Thanks Clara, we do in fact have another cochin cockerel on his way when we return from our hols.  a little cochin boy. I don't think i could imagine a cockerel of any other kind now - I was besotted by this one3 and the run and chook house feels so empty without him  :-[
thank you though x
Thanks little blue, Eloise is feelig much better today. A gypsy friend told her to go home and make him a willow cross for  his grave, we've done that today x 

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 09:07:09 pm »
Why willow?
Its a lovely tree with many great properties... I just wondered the significance
:)

I've named one of the goat kids Willow, as mum had eaten masses of it (first of the year) the day before they were born!
Little Blue

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 09:28:03 pm »
oh bless him he was so handsome  :bouquet: :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 08:29:58 am »
not sure if any significance with willow or just that you can make things from it as its quite pliable. the willow tree overhangs my goat paddock and is the source of shelter for my hens, not only that but the children have a long branch that they swing on, tarzan style so its a big part of our smallholding  :)   Am going to the gypsy site today becuase one makes up flowers and they are doing some for my mum, will see what I can find out there, .

he was very handsome Faith, a lovely boy and a wonderful introduction to keeping cockerels having never had one before.   

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS