Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lamb problem  (Read 13631 times)

Freddiesfarm

• Joined Jan 2010
Re: lamb problem
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 06:18:42 pm »
This topic has become quite revolting!!   ;D :D ;D

With 7 dogs in the house at the moment I often forget exactly what they have been up to when they give me a kiss!!

tom1984

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I was worried yesterday because, after removing the hardened s**t, it seemed to leave a gaping hole filled with the toffee like substance. More hardened up today and i could just flick it off, leaving a nice clean backside. Crisis averted i think but i'll keep a close eye on the little bugger, especially with rain coming tonight. No doubt i'll have a dozen new problems in the morning! ;)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:09 am »
Hi Tom.  It doesn't tend to happen again to the same lamb in my experience.  Watch him but also watch the younger ones.  They seem to go through a stage when the poo is particularly sticky, then it all settles down
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »
Goat mums seem to be much better in cleaning up their offsprings' backend, only happens in the first few days though. I guess it's when the milk is still really rich, then all goes normal after the fourth day.

But yes - the only reason to keep scented baby wipes nowadays; for lambing season!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS