Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Three done- Six to go!  (Read 2731 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Three done- Six to go!
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:27 am »
First three kiddings are out of the way now, Splash AN 1st kidder had a male and a female, Lantana BT 1st kidder had a live female and a male which had to be culled due to traumactic birth.

And Romily, pictured here a week or so ago gave birth this morning.

She had to have a little help- two breeches coming both together, but easily fixed, 3 females and 1 male. Mum much relieved to be rid of that weight!

Here she is with some of the babies

Six more to kid, next two aren't due until the end of this month, so a wee break.

Here's the first set of babies here.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:42:31 am by ballingall »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Three done- Six to go!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:01:56 am »
Goodness, mum must definitely be relieved to be rid of that weight!!!  You will have a barn full soon.! .Never had one with quads - and only ever had one set of triplets, to a BT.  And they were all male!!

Good luck with the rest of  your goats to kid.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:08:43 am »
Aaaah - more 'gooies' as my OH call's new born kids - they are beautiful, good luck with the next ones x
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:09:01 am »
they are adorable, the pictures are fantastic, so cute, well done,  :wave:

rather her than me having quads :o :o :wave:

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:20 am »
Thanks for the photos. They look adorable.  :wave:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:58:37 pm »
One-third through congratulations it is then!

My GG today had a bit of traumatic time, first signs at breakfast, I went away for mine and I think her waters went in the meantime. Then for three hours all I got was teethgrinding and a very fed-up looking goat. No pushing nothing, just a bit of dark brown discharge... At lunchtime I rung the vet for advice, as I didn't think she had dilated yet and I didn't want to go in, but he advised to see if I could get in and feel anything (I was thinking dead kid(s)). I could get in, but boy did she scream! and I felt a head nothing else. Too far in to pull and she wasn't pushing... So sent Gerald off to get some oxytocin and antibiotic to speed her up a bit, but me going inside her must have made her move on and she started to push, and out came a .... male and he was alive! head first and all that. I thought that was it, but well over an hour later I got back in and she had just delivered a second - but very dead - male. had been dead for a while. This was a first for me, fortunately she got it out herself.

So, the good bit is she was carrying twins, her previous two kiddings were both singles. And the live wee boy seems to be polled, so we will raise him I think. But to cap it all, he is a bit dumb and cannot get hold of her teat, so he's on the bottle already... There's my nightshift coming along (he's really quite small, so better go and feed)...

Only one more to go, but four week break for us now.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:31:25 pm »
Hi Beth - congratulations  ;)    And I like that Nube on the left  ;D ;D      Della is due Sunday and finally, finally I think Jangalli is holding to service now (fingers crossed) but won't be due until end June/beg July!!

Spring is springing around and still prefers me to the other goats......unfortunately she thinks its rather funny to run up behind me and jump up against my back whilst I'm walking - naughty girl. Lots of firm training to do once lambing is over.

Mx
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
Beautiful Children xxx ;D

divanp75

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Caithness
    • Scotshaven
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 03:53:44 pm »
Nice Kids Beth,  have you any for granny Bonbon to see ?????

Diane

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS