Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: STONE THE CROWS!  (Read 1974 times)

TRUFFLE

• Joined May 2009
STONE THE CROWS!
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:43:07 pm »
I know this is not normal "poultry" talk, but thought there may be some of you out there who understand birdy behaviour and might throw some light on this...........
Our wooden window frames and putty are being attacked by a small group of crows.  They are pecking out all the putty and also drilling into the frames with their beaks - they have done a fair bit of damage now - one frame probably needs replacing altogether.  Short of hanging cds outside all the windows (not great to look at from my point of view) or shooting them, has anyone any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to stop it?? Thanks, Clare  ???

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Re: STONE THE CROWS!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »
Every year the jackdaws ATTACK my window in no uncertain terms.  I think it is their reflections in my case, but it feels a bit like something out of The Birds.  Not sure if its them but something has nearly pecked a hole in one of the French Doors  :o

I normally yell at them in temper, but it is a temporary lull before they start again - seems to happen mainly in the breeding season, then eases off as the year goes on

All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS