Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone got a cockerel that would enjoy a good free range home?  (Read 2273 times)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Hi there - Anyone out there Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester type area got a friendly and hopefully attractive cockerel that would enjoy a good free range home with some ladies to look after?

A few weeks ago I sold a couple of pullets to a nice lady who runs a B&B and likes to have the chickens free-ranging round the place and have eggs for the guests.

Guess what - her cockerel died yesterday.  The ones I have I am wanting to keep at present, and she doesn't need anything good for breeding.  I think he would have a nice life, but they won't want anything aggressive. 

They have large fowl and the last cockerel was a Barnavelder

She might have found something else, but it occured to me sometimes one has an old friend that you can't really keep, but don't really want to have to kill, or a nice young bird it seems a shame to just "knock on the head"

I am going to try some of the other forums with this request too, but just PM me if you know of anything suitable. 

All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

dubie

• Joined Apr 2010
Re: Anyone got a cockerel that would enjoy a good free range home?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:37 pm »
hi we live in north lincs and we have just incubatored 10 eggs which 8 of them hatched 10 days ago. we dont know what breed but if your intrested just post back.

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
Re: Anyone got a cockerel that would enjoy a good free range home?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:14:04 pm »
I have a very hadsome Orpington cockerel. But I'm in Somerset so maybe a bit far afield.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Re: Anyone got a cockerel - Found one now Many thanks :-)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »
Hi and many thanks for the replies - as you say a bit far away, and in fact she has found one now.  I will see if I can amend the thread title

Many thanks once again
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS