Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Runner not laying  (Read 2047 times)

littlechick

• Joined Jan 2011
Runner not laying
« on: March 13, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »
Hi

The past 3 days my runner hasn't layed, when I got her she layed for the first two days no problem but then just stopped  :-\.

When I got her she looked quite heavy bellow her but she layed ok, she looks that even more now and just looks very full (are thet supposed to look full?) but her behaviour seems fine.. shes out all day and eating/drinking.

Should I be worried?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Runner not laying
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 04:33:19 pm »
Do you only have one? Is she lonely/pining?  doesn't sound like it if she#'s going about as normal, but sometimes they go off lay for strange reasons best known to themselves.  I'm patiently waiting for my KC and her daughters to start laying after the winter.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

littlechick

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »
Well shes seems ok in herself, just strange that she layed then then totally stopped. She is making a right racket though when i go out to them.

hmmm just hope shes ok!

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:53:19 pm »
lone duck? weather change? age ? how long was she laying before you had her? not had a scare has she?

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »
only one of my ducks has started the laying season yet this year. Maybe it's because it was such a hard winter. ducks get very easily disturbed in their rhythm, moving house, distress of any kind. Or she could be laying outdoors?  :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS