Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I want sheep  (Read 1559 times)

seldomseen

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Crimea
I want sheep
« on: February 22, 2011, 07:49:00 am »
Its mans day over here in Crimea tomorrow. last yr I got a set of rabbits from everyone in the village, we did not have a set up for rabbits, so I gave them away to a friend who is really good with animals, she now has loads of the fury creatures running around, a missed opportunity me thinking lol........
anyway this yr I have told everyone I want to start with sheep, I could let them roam free in the orchard and will eat any grass the goats turn their nose up at (kinda get alot of that with goats dont you...)...well anyway it was a sort of a subtle hint if you like lol.......
they came round 2 nights ago and offered a pig, Tanya on the other hand was having non of it (smelly horrible creatures that make too much screaming was her answer)and told them to take it away oooooooo poooooor pig. I satisfied myself with watching 3 episodes of Stargate Universe to cool off. I really want those sheep or at least 1 ewe.
a lamb would cost about $ (where is the pound sign on this keyboard????) 30 quid. a kid would be 15 quid and a pig would be 50 quid, strange pricing but hey ho oh and a calf would be 20 quid as well, for prices in Britain times that by 10 and you would get more of a picture......anyway
Bring on that sheep I say lol signing off with crossed fingers and toes..........

silver swan

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Scotland
Re: I want sheep
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:52:56 am »
Please excuse the ignorance, what is mans day? and why does the whole village give you a gift? Does every man get a gift or what?  Do tell!  ???

seldomseen

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Crimea
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:01:38 am »
Mans day is where everyone celebrates the men, all the women come round...ok those that you know and give you a pressy and then come later for drinks and food, it does get a bit expensive if you have lots of friends, I honestly think its an excuse to drink vodka. then on the 9th of March its womans day, a bit like mothers day, but all women are celebrating. and the same happens again, and to top it all if you have a eastern name like Tatiana or Sasha (Alexanda) or Kolya you get your special day as well....so tell me where is Bobs day ???????????

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 09:22:30 am »
Whatever you get, don't get just one, it's not fair on the animal for it not to have company of it's own kind.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS