Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Piggy free for all!  (Read 2607 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Piggy free for all!
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:29:01 pm »
Just when you think there can be no more dramas the pigs show you how wrong you were! Hubby came home today to find Aggie had trashed the dividing fence between her and Kim and babies and was in with her, typical she found the only darn weak point where we hadn't got electric fencing. We've had to take a section out and leave them all in together now. Thankfully I'd marked kims litter just in case so I still know who is who.
Only thing is theres a lot of milling around now it's bedtime girls can't seem to make up their minds which ark they're going in and piglets follow either if there's a chance of a feed! Hope they don't all try to squeeze into one ark else someones going to get squashed .. :-((
Hubby says to chill and they'll sort themselves out which I know is true but I'm still going back out in an hour to check.. Pigs eh!!!

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Piggy free for all!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:33 pm »
One big happy family! ;)

How are they all doing now? Got any up to date pictures?

:love: :pig: :love:

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »
They're all settled now hubby did the I told you so thing. I've yet to figure put how to get the pics off my iPhone and onto here which is whyvno photos from me. I'll try again though.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »
:)
bless them!
  our Maud decided that feeding her babies was just too much like hard work and let her sister Midred take over the feeding of all of them!
maybe yours will "share!"
Little Blue

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:55:02 pm »
I think they probably will to a degree but doubt 1 could manage all 20!
Can't do pics from iPhone it's Greyed out. Will try to get onto pc and do from there..

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 08:18:18 am »
Our two lop girls did the same, trashed the fence separating them and stayed together happily, also shared the feeding of the piglets.  We went in to them one day and found the piglets one side of the broken fence and the two mums on the other! They soon settled when we took the fence away and still happy together 7 weeks on, glad we marked them too!   :pig:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »
glad we marked them too!   :pig:
I didn't!
too busy, as they farrowed within 36 hours of each other.  not that it matters here...
Little Blue

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 08:22:05 pm »
Wel they're all in 1 ark together tonight god knows how they're all squashed in but what can you do!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS