Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 1st two ewes to the field with lambs and new shelter  (Read 3682 times)

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
1st two ewes to the field with lambs and new shelter
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:26:15 pm »
Took a few pics of the ewes and lambs that were turned out today, all lambs have bands on for tails and castration bands,  we made a small shelter, trimmed the hoofs of the ewes......

They took no notice of the shelter :)  after feeding they were off over the field :P
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: 1st two ewes to the field with lambs and new shelter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:11:56 pm »
i bet its nice to see them running about in the field, at least the shelter is there if they need or want it eh  :wave:

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »
would be really carefull in this weather especially as snow is due to hit us soon and weather is turning cold again you bringing in at night?

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:46 pm »
Not bringing them in at night as logistics are not good, but we are in the southeast and its fairly mild at the moment, if we did have any more snow I would bring them back in.
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
Lovely for them to be out and agree with you, as long as they have shelter from driving wind and rain and you can bring them in if the white stuff dumps, they'll be much better off in the clean outdoors than inside in a pen. Well done you on it all so far, looking good! :sheep: :)

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:00:10 pm »
Your shelters are almost the same design as mine. I put sides on mine (windy here) and had to batten down the roof as in serious danger of waking up to find them no longer attached (iron roof of shed blew off one night and took itself across shiny car paintwork  >:( ).

:sheep:   

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS