Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Peanuts et al  (Read 1749 times)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
Peanuts et al
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »
As you may or may not know, there is a shortage of peanuts and sunflower hearts. Both of which we sell in our shop.

It seems that the Chinese are buying up all products that yeild oil in any form for food production. Anyone else heard this or got any more info?

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Peanuts et al
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »
I honestly don't know, Ian, but I do worry about how close out Government seems to be getting with China.  Perhaps I'm old fashioned in not really trusting them yet?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:42 am »
I know what you mean Annie, my worry is also that they decide to do something like but all the peanuts for instance and they are so large that everyone suffers  :o Scary

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:54:01 am »
now i am not one for religion but my mother used to quote from the bible       and the yellow race shall rule the earth 

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:48:13 pm »

That's not the bible but from one of the predictions of Nostradamus: 'the yellow man will rule the world'

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:09:26 pm »
well its not practical to dig her up and ask her (died 2001) either way one or the other it is becoming reality

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS