Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sausage stuffer?  (Read 7920 times)

waterboy

• Joined May 2010
Sausage stuffer?
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
Hi all,

Not sure if this is quite the right place to ask but nevermind here goes, I was thinking of treating myself to a sausage stuffer as i find using the electric mincer a bit tricky when loading the machine and getting the filling into the skin at the same time(I'm a bloke and i cant multi task very well) so it turns into a 2 person operation.Ive seen some fantastic looking machines but they are either vertical or horizontally mounted and i was wondering if anyone out there knows which type is the best to go for, or if there are things to look out for and avoid.

Thanks
 Rob
Rob & Manda :)

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
Re: Sausage stuffer?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »
I have the upright one that I purchased from designasausage. I still have my husband to turn the handle for me when making sausages but it could be a one man job as you can go slower with it.
Karen

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »
hi Rob,
I make my own sausages and have a sausage stuffer that I bought from Weshenfelder. It is horizontal and have had it for 9 years. A price in the region of £150.00 it will last you for years just be careful when relasesing the button for the winder. You can google weshenfelder and you will get everything you want from the one company. Any parts that is reqiured they can get them for you. Also you can google nothern tools who have a lot of stuff for sale. The stuffer from Weshenfelder only takes one person to work
Good Luck
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:21:22 pm by lillian waddell »

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »
Have got the attachment for KitchenAid mixer. It does the job but would rather have a machine dedicated to the job.

Can't choose - electric sausage stuffer or manual?

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:44:23 pm »
Electric!  :wave:

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:40:47 pm »
Manual!!!  ;D

The reason I say this is that it can be quite a delicate operation and requires a bit of "feel", which a manual stuffer gives. Also it's not that much effort. I have the horizontal type stuffer with a side crank.

I would definitely avoid anything that minces and stuffs at the same time, or elso how do you add seasonings and inspect the "mix"??

Enjoy!
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:50 pm »
i am with olly398 on this one

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 02:48:25 pm »
Horizontal Weschenfelder 5kg here too.  They are extremely helpful if you phone them to discuss just what will suit you best.  Top quality.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »
Mince and stuff at the same time? Didn't even know that existed!  ::)

:wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:15:03 am »
I got my old faithful from the sausage maker site.  Found it worked far better if clamped to a heavy table.  Need to be a heavy one otherwise it moves around the room when I am turning the crank.

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:20 am »
 ;D ;D I just had to read this as every time I looked at posts I found this amusing, my childish mind, I have no pigs but if I did and want to make sausages, I would want one too!!! ;D

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »
Manual sausage stuffer - any advantage when buying - horizontal or vertical?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:54 am »
If you can afford it go for a horizontal much easier my vertical one sometimes need someone sitting on the table to stop the table moving.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS