Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: craft fairs in somerset  (Read 2598 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
craft fairs in somerset
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »
As some of you may know I make jewellery and sell it. Well this year I want to push hard and try and make it into a business. I wanted to do craft fairs etc but I am really struggling to find any advertised on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: craft fairs in somerset
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:19:31 pm »
My sister works part time in a mineral suppliers and two days on normal market stalls. She makes and sells her own jewellery and has built up a good business doing that and it is more regular than craft fairs.As she is in a regular market folk know she is there every week and now ask her to make custom jewellery.They are hard hours though and has to have a large amount of stock and a large van!
Tourist Information places usually have a whats on list for the year, they do up here anyway. Good luck, it was hard for my sister to take the plunge but she now loves market life (especially on a Thursday when she does the indoor market!)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: craft fairs in somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:45:16 pm »
I have worked on the markets most of my life so the long days don't worry me too much. I have noticed that markets aren't as big down here as up north but it is still one avenue I am going to explore.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS