Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Huge henpecked cockerel  (Read 5553 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Huge henpecked cockerel
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 08:33:41 am »
I don't know about the tailfeathers - will have to do some research - he did have one sticking up but it got pulled out  ::)
the only research I have done so far was based on how would a cochin cockerel fit in with small children and how noisy do they tend to be LOL and I was chuffed to bits to keep getting the words 'placid' 'cuddly' 'quiet' 'comical' come up. I do insist that the children only ever come in with me though as its not worth the risk and he is almost as big as Scarlett my 3 year old.

only 3 eggs yesterday but still very pleased with that!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

princesspiggy

Re: Huge henpecked cockerel
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 11:47:39 am »
my cockeral is waiting for his tail feathers to grow back after his moult. when we first had chickens, our pullets were not keen on leaving their house to go outside, after a few weeks we got a cockeral and instantly they felt safe and would go out and explore. its nice to see their interaction. hes lovely tho.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS