Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plans for Christmas?  (Read 6995 times)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
Re: Plans for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »
Diane, myself, our three kids (two returning home for the day) four dogs, six chickens, a cracking meal and a walk around the local parks with the dogs. Happy day!

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 08:31:13 pm »
same as every other day here ... just me and the dogs ... and walk to the land to feed the horses....

cheers

Russ

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »
I don't know at the moment! Alex and I are supposed to be spending Christmas with his parents and sister in Dumfries, while my mum goes to my sister for lunch and to spend a few hours on Christmas day. But, I am worried about leaving her to cope with the animals if we still have weather like this! It is difficult enough just now and that's with 3 of us helping!

My sister is expecting a baby girl (due tomorrow according to the doctors- due next week according to my sister), so we are going to see them on Boxing day. Will be nice to have a new baby neice (the fifth one!).

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 11:57:14 pm »
Just me on my own as usual.. feeding animals at regular intervals but hopefully not in snow ::)
Don't know where you are ellied but I'll bet there's a TASer somewhere near you who would welcome your company. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 09:31:12 am »
Get up as usual and feed, water & bed up pigs, then walk the dog and then in to get showered and dressed in chrissy clothes, then hot coffee & croissants whilst we open any parcels santa might have left! ;)
OH's family come over in the morning for Bucks Fizz & parcel exchanging then my sister & her partner plus her parents are coming to lunch, then t-time feeds & dog walking, OH will go to bed and i will sit and watch crappy tv with a box of chocs and a tot or 3 of Glayva! Ho Ho Ho! ;D

bamford6

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:32 am »
please remember the wether iff its bad dont chance it .get food in erley same with the animal food etc .the wether is building for more problems at the mo its Christmas week .with only 2 shopping week ends left .people are getting very stressed at the moment garage bank shop etc. my Christmas all the kids partners il be working till dinner

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 04:27:06 pm »
For Christmas hubby has said we should go out to eat because theres only 4 of us but New Year theres 15 of us.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »
My sister, her OH and son are over from Australia.  There will be 14 people at mine on Christmas day including my parents and hubby's family.  Hope there will be enough of our home grown turkey to go round.  :yum:

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 08:08:27 pm »
Not a lot of money this year, we will have a small family time eat like pigs watch tele some old repeat go a walk with the dogs and spent some time with the animals. O! did I say a wee dram. probably at some time feel sad and remember all the folks that are not with us any more. cheery time for all :wave:
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 08:33:15 am »
We will be at home with horses pigs chickens dogs and hamster. The family are coming to me so I'm cooking for 13 and it should be a great family day as it should be. Hard work but I love it!

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 09:56:28 am »
As much as I love the help around the place from my dedicated employees - I am looking forward to a Christmas at home with my lovely girlfriend just milling around and doing the normal day to day things with the animals.

I am also looking forward to having most of the downstairs of the house complete - a bathroom and kitchen would be a dream!!

Baz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS