Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Companion pony needs a home  (Read 1654 times)

Megansmam

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Wales
Companion pony needs a home
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:34 am »
My Section A gelding is looking for a home after being a companion to my own horses for 7 years. He is only 11.2hh an ideal size for a companion to an older horse or another pony. He himself is in his mid-late teens and is in very good health.
  He cannot be ridden as he became a sever bucker with his previous owners but I have used him, lightly, with a collar and harness to pull small amounts (logs, rolls of fencing ect.). He hasn't done anything for about 4 years so would need alot of work to get him back into it but it could be an option for an experienced person.
  He lives out 24/7 with a field shelter. He is good to catch and handle, I trim his feet regularly and worm him. He has had his teeth checked by an equine dentist every year that we have had him so there are no serious dental problems.
  He is a happy healthy pony and has been a pleasure to own. I will olny let him go to a good home where he will have equine company and plenty of turn out. Home more important than price, I am asking £100 to make sure he is not going to be passed onto the meat market as I have know this to happen to a friends horse. We are in Carmarthenshire, Wales.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS