Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: home mixed feed  (Read 7867 times)

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
Re: home mixed feed
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:29:03 am »
6.15 sounds reasonable have been paying 6.99 so will definately go on Sat. Cheers re abbatoir also had seen that one on Oaklandpigs list of recommended so planned to give them a call good to know they're recommended and close.

no worries, just brace yourself for rowleys - they're very good, but they can seem to some like "right old funny buggers".... I think it's a trait with abattoir-men. I don't think I've been there yet without them saying "the job's knackered - we probably wont be trading by next month", or similar.... they've been saying that for 5 years now, so they must be doing ok... ;)

Generally they need about 2 weeks notice for pigs, but if you want pigs killed end of nov or start of dec, you need to book at least 4 weeks early. you probably wont manage to get anything killed after the first week or so of december, as they get busy with the big boys, and their own produce.

littlelisa

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: home mixed feed
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:25 pm »
now if i were to keep all the straights seperate and only mix it in a bucket just before i feed it do i still need to be regd?? many thanks for the info so far.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS