Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar panel cameras  (Read 1478 times)

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
  • Bramham flock Wiltshire Horns
Solar panel cameras
« on: March 02, 2021, 06:08:03 am »
Hi
Could anyone recommend any decent solar powered cctv cameras
We don't have mains electric to our field and thinking of investing in one
Our field is 5 mins drive from home so ideally to be used at night time during lambing

Tia
follow on FB@BramhamWiltshireHorns

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Solar panel cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 03:45:18 pm »
What about a 12v camera? We have a farmstream camera, they do a 12v cable to hook up to a leisure battery.

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 04:16:17 pm »
What about a 12v camera? We have a farmstream camera, they do a 12v cable to hook up to a leisure battery.

thanks Twizzel

i will look into it

cheers

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 05:57:22 pm »
Well worth investigating- our camera saved the first calf that was born after installing, and saved me walking down to the shed every night to check sheep/cows. The farmstream support has been good too.

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:43 am »
I use Arlo Go cameras in my field. They have rechargeable batteries and also a solar panel that you can buy. They use a sim card like a phone so can be used anywhere as long as there is a phone signal. Vodafone do a V sim for £5 and then it's £4 a month. There's an similar one called l Reolink but I don't know anything about that one. Hope this helps.
4 pet sheep

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 04:30:24 pm »
I use Arlo Go cameras in my field. They have rechargeable batteries and also a solar panel that you can buy. They use a sim card like a phone so can be used anywhere as long as there is a phone signal. Vodafone do a V sim for £5 and then it's £4 a month. There's an similar one called l Reolink but I don't know anything about that one. Hope this helps.

thanks that was going to bring me on to my next question on how the data comes back to my phone, whether it was a Tether or 4G simcard that needed to be used on a contract

thanks for the reply

Bramham Wiltshire Horns

• Joined Oct 2014
  • leeds
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 04:30:55 pm »
Well worth investigating- our camera saved the first calf that was born after installing, and saved me walking down to the shed every night to check sheep/cows. The farmstream support has been good too.

thanks

i hear a lot of good things about them

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS