Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My first sick pig  (Read 1130 times)

Hogwarts

• Joined Sep 2019
My first sick pig
« on: November 29, 2020, 02:00:57 pm »
Hi so on my third batch of paddock pigs I finally get my first sick pig I check them every day so I think I've caught whatever the problem is early hopefully. The pig is thinner than the rest and not eating I noticed today but walking around ok and its also meant to be going in just over a week. My first thing I'm going to do is give them a bucket l of apples and turnips to boost their vitamin C but is there something else I can do before I call a vet? Any advice please?

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: My first sick pig
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 04:25:26 pm »
If you think the pig is sick call the vet. We would be stabbing it the dark as to what might be the problem, if there is one. What's your reasoning on the vit C?

It didn't just get thinner - is it being pushed out by the others? Is it just thinner or thin/poor?

Have they been wormed?

What's it's poo like?

Hogwarts

• Joined Sep 2019
Re: My first sick pig
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 06:43:00 pm »
I think its poorly because I didn't see it eating today and its thinner and is fragile and slower compared to the rest. Although it was interested in the apples I gave it earlier. I could be worrying over nothing.  Its been wormed before coming into the paddock and I will check its poo tomorrow. Half of them are going tomorrow anyway so if there is a competition problem that will alleviate that issue.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS