Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any one in the lakes ??  (Read 1922 times)

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
Any one in the lakes ??
« on: September 24, 2021, 07:55:15 pm »
Me and a few mates are off on a camping trip to the lakes tomorrow on our motorbikes , any one know if they is any petrol at the stations or has everyone panick buyed it ?? Not sure what to do ha

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Any one in the lakes ??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 08:12:36 pm »
Apparently deliveries are being prioritised to the motorway services, so fill up just before you get to the Lakes.  I hope you have a big tank!  Have fun on your trip - we were down there the other day buying a tup  ;D  It was glorious.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:19 pm »
Unfortunately we want to avoid motor ways as they no fun on a bike ha , iv a small 2L Jerry can I have full, and bike is full to the top am sure we will find something

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 08:52:56 am »
Queues in Ulverston with one garage out of diesel. Coniston was fine when I went passed last night. Hadwins in Torver ok. At the moment it seems to be the garages nearer the towns.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 07:08:57 pm »
Coniston and Hadwins out today.

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 03:16:30 pm »
Just got back now had no problems at all getting petrol in and around the lakes , but I am now on reserves and none in our local stations here in East Yorkshire, 

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 07:16:59 pm »
You got the rain I see - it's just arriving here.  Do you find those covers for the panniers help?

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 08:00:26 pm »
You got the rain I see - it's just arriving here.  Do you find those covers for the panniers help?

No, it's not our rain. We still have ours!  :raining:

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 08:10:27 pm »

Yes it was dry until 8 am this morning right when I wanted to put my tent down
    Yes they stop the water getting in though the zips etc , I all ways pack in bin bags to just to be double safe,  had a bad experience on a weeks camping trip in the Highlands ha ha

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »
We get real WET in the Highlands  ;D

I can remember once standing inside a blacksmith's forge trying to come back to life, being dressed in plastic fertiliser bags inside my waterproofs because they weren't.  Supermarket bags inside my boots and gloves too.  But the rain still gets down your neck, cold and inevitable  ::)  Biking is a wonderful pastime isn't it, but we love it  :eyelashes:

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 07:12:37 pm »

I can remember once standing inside a blacksmith's forge trying to come back to life, being dressed in plastic fertiliser bags inside my waterproofs because they weren't.  Supermarket bags inside my boots and gloves too.  But the rain still gets down your neck, cold and inevitable  ::)  Biking is a wonderful pastime isn't it, but we love it  :eyelashes:

Yes its a grate hobby iv been all over the UK on big bikes and johno grotes to lands end on a 1972 Honda pc50, 
   Been knocked off at 50mph been soaking wet through had punchers in the middle of know were but I will always have a bike love it !

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 07:20:23 pm »

I have happy memories from a week on Arran with school. Friends and I got caught in a "shower" - the water got in our pork pies, in our rucksacks!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS