Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tractor PTO  (Read 1691 times)

workwright

• Joined Sep 2020
Tractor PTO
« on: September 26, 2020, 01:53:16 pm »
Hi, I have an interesting problem with my compact tractor.  I have purchased a backhoe attachment and have mounted it on the tractor three point hitch in the correct position ( with difficulty).  The problem is that the distance between the detent on the intput shaft of the backhoe and the tip of the PTO shaft on the tractor is 18 inches.  The PTO shaft supplied if shortened to this length  would have no protective outer tubing left.  Another PTO shaft listed as a 510mm shaft can be shortened to nearly this length and still have nearly the minimal 1/3  protective tubing length left ( 1/4 inch short of the minimal overlap).  The drive is vitually in line and the Backhoe is fixed i. e. the lifting function is non operational on the hitch.  This is why it was difficult to mount without the hydraulic pump linked to the tractor..  Any advice is very welcome. Thanks

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Tractor PTO
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:47:19 pm »
A conundrum [member=206326]workwright[/member] & I'm not sure I can quite "see" it:  do you have any pictures and/or could you re-describe the issue in another way to help achieve an understanding ?!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS