Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Box to store poultry/sheep first aid equipment  (Read 1849 times)

DalesFarmer

• Joined Sep 2020
  • North Yorkshire
Box to store poultry/sheep first aid equipment
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:14:01 pm »
Morning All and a Big Hello  :wave: I’m new to this having only just moved into our smallholding in May, (after 4 failed attempts to move in with issues surrounding Covid19). Does anyone knows of a website or place of where I can purchase a sort of first aid and/or plastic storage box with a hinged lid for hen & sheep essentials such as syringes, scissors, tweezers (smallish items)? I’ve had a look online and the only ones I’ve managed to find so far are extortionately priced. I wish I kept my son’s plastic baby box from years ago (anyone remember those boxes we kept their nappies and cream etc stored in )? Thank you. Giannina 

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Box to store poultry/sheep first aid equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:20:01 am »
Why not use a good plastic tool box?

DalesFarmer

• Joined Sep 2020
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 10:07:30 am »
Grand idea. Why didn’t I think of that? Thank you.

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 10:35:44 am »
I have 2 of the big black storage boxes from B&Q, on yellow wheels. They are lockable so fine to store meds in too. I have a big one for all my sheep drenches and pour ons that is locked with 2 padlocks, and a slightly smaller one with all my lambing stuff, marker crayons, tupping harnesses, odds and ends. All of our injectable meds are kept in a cabinet on the wall but there's no reason they couldn't be kept in a box like this too, with a lock on of course.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS