Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trying to find a feed and seed in Coastal Cumbria  (Read 1335 times)

GBov

• Joined Nov 2019
Trying to find a feed and seed in Coastal Cumbria
« on: January 25, 2021, 06:35:52 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for the question but I have been banging my head off the wall for days internet searching for a feed/seed/hay/country store and finally had to use a pet/equestrian store but use those words and the price goes up by double.  :rant:

The last place we lived had a lovely local store that I could buy big bags of rabbit and pigeon feed and square bales of hay and they delivered.

Does anyone know of the like in Cumbria?  The Cockermouth area.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Trying to find a feed and seed in Coastal Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 11:13:46 pm »
Isn't there a Carrs Billington at the mart site?  (Lakeland Agricultural Centre to give it its proper name.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 11:39:01 pm »
Isn't there a Carrs Billington at the mart site?  (Lakeland Agricultural Centre to give it its proper name.)

Yep: Cockermouth Country Store - Carrs Billington Agriculture Ltd (carrs-billington.com)

"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

GBov

• Joined Nov 2019
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 01:58:28 am »
I called them today.  They don't do hay bales or rabbit food.  Guess what I need? ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS