Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land  (Read 1103 times)

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
Land
« on: September 01, 2020, 01:27:55 pm »

Hi all

How much would people say to pay rent wise for a filed. It is 2 acre field all fenced and good access and is next door to us. I would be using this for grazing which I know has always been used for until last year where they made hay off it. Its in Cheshire.

I would be looking at renting it for a full year what should I offer them rent wise to use it.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Land
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:26:47 pm »
Actually [member=23296]JEP[/member]  I don't have a clue, but what are they asking OR have you asked them yet ?

Rental might depend on the use you have in mind and whether watering is included.  Also, if it's next door, owner may well hike rental a bit for the convenience factor.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:35:11 pm »
I don't know about Cheshire, but in Cumbria, small but useful pockets of grazing with good fences, access, and a water supply would be around £100 per acre for a 6 months annual license, maybe up to half as much again for 11 months.  If I remember correctly, most grazing licenses require a period, even if only 2 weeks, each year when the livestock are off; something to do with not establishing a tenancy.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 09:06:19 pm »
One day off is enough to prevent permanent status.  Rentals are usually for the season which can be up to 364 days.

A long time ago, in the 1990s we got £84 an acre for the season - 20 acres raked in £1680, the farmer gave us £1700.  Their cattle ran riot one stormy night and tore out all the internal fences and made 3 fields into one.  They gave us the option of two rolls of chicken wire or nothing.  Not a lot we could do about it as we didn't have anything in writing

You can get agreements online ths=ese days - https://www.netlawman.co.uk/d/grazing-agreement?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnVznKam8j2ACbMsmREIBTpYkrREF3NXCqb6AfCn8Lmac3Wab05fjIxoCEdAQAvD_BwE
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS