Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Potential new spinning mill in Dorset  (Read 922 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Potential new spinning mill in Dorset
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:18:02 pm »
Exciting news from Rampisham Farm in Dorset (whence several of us have acquired some lovely fleece over the years.)

Quote from: Rampisham

:spin::sheep::knit::sheep::spin: :excited: News Flash! :excited::sheep::knit::sheep::spin::sheep:

Subject to securing grant funding, we are hoping to set up a wool processing mill in 2021. This will be able to wash wool, card it into batts or sliver, or spin it into yarn on behalf of our customers. We will be able to process as little as one fleece and the mill will be located here on the farm in Dorset.

If you keep sheep or other fibre producing animals, or use wool for crafting, we would be very grateful if you would complete our questionnaire at linky in order to help us with our market research.

This will help us plan the services we provide and strengthen our case for funding.

Very many thanks, David and Ruth

I said I would spread it around the fibre users and producers I know ;)

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS