Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jam, jellies, and friends  (Read 3833 times)

Gardners Cottage

• Joined Aug 2019
Jam, jellies, and friends
« on: May 16, 2020, 01:37:41 am »
Hi all,

I am planning to 'convert' my fruit and veg production from my 2 acres Victorain Walled garden in something useful and 'commercial' or speculative in the sense of getting few pennies! I am not planning to climbe the market with crazy offer and bazillion of products running though shelfs but just share this with friends and network to build up a bit of cash and get recognised as the usual 'organic' 'home made', 'hand crafterd', and bla bla bla.

Now, let's assume I can produce 100 jars of blackurran juice, 100 jars of red, 100 jars of blackcurrant jam, of strawberry, rhubarb jam, jelly, wine, any mix of previous herb extracts, soaps, fruit wine, beers and cider from my lovely apples and veg boxes so on as so forth.... 1) can only consume as much, 2) I only have few friends...... so... if I was going to contact shops.. to get all this produce, ( plus I forgot,, freshly farmed eggs)
What would I need to be on the right side?
Would set up a web page be an register a 'small business' be legally right?
Any advice on marketing?
Is there any investor or Angel?

Thanks for reading and in advance for feedback

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Jam, jellies, and friends
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 12:36:31 pm »
No idea about the legalities, sorry, but the previous owners of your land ran an organic box scheme and also belonged to a local apple juice co-op.  So the customers are there if you can find who they were to get you started.  Someone else on here may have more details for you.

As an aside, redcurrants disappear faster than snow off a dyke, just before they are ready for you to crop (I blame blackbirds - their droppings show the evidence  :innocent: )
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS