Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for a smallholding/farm to rent in Yorkshire or Lincolnshire  (Read 3989 times)

ForkinAllotment

• Joined Feb 2020
I know its probably a long shot but...

My dream is to rent a smallholding or small farm in Yorkshire or Lincolnshire, but the issue I face is that I have no money to pay a deposit or first months rent or the likes

I am looking for something along the lines of pay when the land/business makes money, I would be willing to setup a market garden, farm shop and any other business needed to make money

I am a YouTuber (Forkin' Allotment) and gardening social media personality but my YouTube channel does not currently provide me an income, therefore I am on benefits currently, if I had a smallholding I would be able to make more varied videos, and update my social media daily if not many times a day,  and I would be able to use that income to pay towards the rent if needed

I am looking for something that can be managed by 2 people and maybe a few volunteers if I could find willing volunteers, and at least a 2 bedroom property that allows pets too

If anyone knows how I can make my dream a reality please let me know

Thanks
Forkin' Allotment
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:04:58 am by ForkinAllotment »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Looking for a smallholding/farm to rent in Yorkshire or Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:46:19 am »
Do you live in a flat with no garden?   How about indoor windowsill plants and video those - they might get more viewings and earn some money?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ForkinAllotment

• Joined Feb 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 12:05:24 pm »
I have an allotment, but it's not the same as having your own land attached to your house

ForkinAllotment

• Joined Feb 2020
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:16:25 pm »
Also I live in a terraced house with a very small garden

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:46 pm »
Both of whioch can be utilised in videomaking - thus raising funds for your end game
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ForkinAllotment

• Joined Feb 2020
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:15:26 pm »
How much is the average rent on a 2 bed smallholding with 5 acres of land attached

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 03:40:34 pm »
How much is the average rent on a 2 bed smallholding with 5 acres of land attached
The real question is where to even find one?
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS