Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Caught a rooster in a parking lot today  (Read 1588 times)

GBov

• Joined Nov 2019
Caught a rooster in a parking lot today
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:05:47 pm »
The small factory down the road from us has been hosting a loose rooster for the last few weeks.  Started with three but, over time, two have become piles of scattered feathers and, as there was no shelter, no company and no protection, I thought perhaps I might do something about it, if I could, as no one else seemed the least bit bothered.

Lured him to the fence with food (hungry hungry chicken was easy to lure :roflanim:) and, as he grabbed the food, I grabbed him and lifted him over the railings.

He is now in a temporary pen on the lottie until tomorrow when I get the henhouse finished.

I was told he probably came from (and belongs) to the junkyard across from the factory.  Should I let them know where he is or just keep him?

They didn't seem bothered at his peril. :rant:

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Caught a rooster in a parking lot today
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:12:07 pm »
Just keep it.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 08:54:14 pm »
Seems a bit like the mythical Shangri La of Cornwall - Trago Mills, Glynn Valley.   Due to extensive grounds, some folk think it's a good place to release/dump their unwanted male chickens.  Roosters aplenty around the car-parks etc.  Not sure how many end up as Sunday lunch, but there seems to be some factor or another controlling peak numbers.

(Of course, I'm making all of this up and a place called Trago Mills, Glynn Valley, Cornwall is a figment of my imagination and will not provide roaming hoards of visitors with a cheap Sunday lunch option in the absence of any roast-ready poultry on the shelves in the imaginary Morrisons store several miles back up the road.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:04:26 pm by arobwk »

GBov

• Joined Nov 2019
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 10:11:20 pm »
Just keep it.

As I happen to be in need of one, it seems lovely to have one with so little effort. :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS