Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Water troughs  (Read 1960 times)

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
Water troughs
« on: April 09, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
Hi we are considering investing in the insulated water troughs with the floating balls that cover the drinking area I know the horses figure these out quite quickly but what about using them for sheep any one using them?
I'm interested as fed up with leaves midges and poo in water troughs. And we all enjoy defrosting them not so as we are doing the pipe work this year we will be fitting permanent troughs water bowsers are a pain now we have got more permanent fencing up. Opinions please  if you don't know what I mean (Alibaba. Com insultaded heated plastic automatic float water sink)
Thankyou for your opinions

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Re: Water troughs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 02:25:56 pm »
Looks interesting, but the calves in the little video clip didn't seem to be drinking very readily. I would definitely want to see one in action before I installed. :thinking:

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
Re: Water troughs
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:20 am »
Yes I'm concerned about that too we have them at uni and the horses push the ball all the way under to the side with there chin drinking normaly when they move away the ball pops back up. Some do stand there licking the ball for hrs they get water but not the sensible way to do it. The minimum oder is 10 units to so for our horses I'm OK but if the sheep can't use them.... ????

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS