Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not to brag...  (Read 6857 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Not to brag...
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:18:25 pm »
Well, that IS bragging - so what breed are these wonder layers then?  We all want to know. I might try that solar light idea though.  I hadn't thought of that, very clever.
just your plain old red hen they are fed twice a day and they free range over our croft. we have in the last few day been getting 7. were ending up giving them away we have so many. we have 3 batams hens a lavender pekan, light sussex and a golden pekin bot an egg from them shame but there my daughters pets so im stuck with them. :chook:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 07:23:37 am »
Thanks to Hilary's houdini piglets I didnt even get duck eggs again today.  I had thought the ducks were in the duck house when I locked up late last night.  Didnt check as I could hear "noises".  This morning ducks are on pond.  Piglets are in hen house. 

Anyone want a piglet?

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 08:03:21 am »
wait untill there is a storm blowing and the the little darlings are running around like well pigs and we are trying to get them in. its funny seeing there ears flopping about like mad as the wife and kids are running around after them then one of my sons decides to try tackling the big saddleback cross and she gives him a ride they thought it was very funny the pigs that is. its funny as well when they break into the food store and nick the ponies food i felt realy sorry for milly the saddleback as she was groaning and refusing to move it must have been the mother of all gut aches  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS