Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incubator advice please  (Read 1510 times)

jamescatton

• Joined Apr 2020
Incubator advice please
« on: April 03, 2020, 11:01:59 am »
HI
Advice required please.
Last year I bought an incubator from ebay- but didnt get around to using it.  I have just laid down some eggs in it this morning, but I cant work out how to stop it auto turning at day 18.

Is anyone able to advice how to do it please?

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: Incubator advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:36:35 pm »
Do you not have the instructions?

I have a similar looking one and with mine you have to take the yellow rocking bars out.
You have to do it quick so the temp doesn't drop too much and without shaking the egg. It is a pain

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 08:09:21 pm »
I would google the make and model and research that way! I am sure it will have a function to deactivate turning!

Good luck!

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 09:29:52 am »
I can't answer your question James, but the pictures of the incubator jogged my memory. A few years ago a cheap self-turning incubator came onto the market and many were bought. At the first hatch reports said that entire batches were stuck in the shells and the reason for this was the turned angle was far too small- it should be at least 90 degrees in total. I have a memory that the angle was only 45 degrees in total, so check that and if it is too small I advise transferring your eggs to another incubator, or turning them manually (mark each egg) or stopping the hatch.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS