Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pet hates  (Read 15717 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Pet hates
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2020, 05:21:34 pm »
Oh no, now I'm going to start on words and grammar...

Current pet hate is, "I was gifted".   :P  You were better at this and now are not  ???   I think you probably mean that you were given something as a gift.  You could just say "I was given"  ::)

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2020, 06:47:55 pm »
Oh no, now I'm going to start on words and grammar...

Current pet hate is, "I was gifted".   :P  You were better at this and now are not  ???   I think you probably mean that you were given something as a gift.  You could just say "I was given"  ::)
Ah, but if it's gifted and the donor lives more than seven years you avoid tax... :excited:

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 10:01:12 pm »
I don't like total skin covering tattoos. Having spent my working life caring for others, I know what happens after 50 years, to tattoos placed in some positions more than others.  I don't mind a small tattoo, a dragon or a rose or a butterfly perhaps, but covering your entire body in ink is something I just don't find appealing.  I know it's an expression of personal freedom, so I try not to look  :tired:

Now we are all wondering where you have your tattoo Fleecewife?  :o

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 10:20:18 pm »

My pet hate is dog poo. Not bagged up or bagged up and left hung somewhere. Do these pet owners think there is a poo bag fairy?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2020, 01:00:39 am »
I don't like total skin covering tattoos. Having spent my working life caring for others, I know what happens after 50 years, to tattoos placed in some positions more than others.  I don't mind a small tattoo, a dragon or a rose or a butterfly perhaps, but covering your entire body in ink is something I just don't find appealing.  I know it's an expression of personal freedom, so I try not to look  :tired:

Now we are all wondering where you have your tattoo Fleecewife?  :o

:roflanim: :roflanim:   I would love a tiny dragon on my shoulder but I'm not brave enough.  No other part of my body is inked.  As I mentioned before I keep myself very well wrapped up in several layers of vests, shirts and woolly jumpers, so no point in tats, and my bum is well past looking good for display purposes  :o
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 04:28:23 pm »
Sainsbury's self-service checkouts using cash: 

If my change will provide the option of producing silver coloured coins, that's what I want (for the stash of coins in my parking-meter pot in my car) - please do not convert a 10p piece (for example) into 5x copper 2p pieces which will have to go into my trash-coinage bottle instead.   

(Sainsbury's s/serv' checkouts really are the worst in this respect.)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 04:43:45 pm »

My pet hate is dog poo. Not bagged up or bagged up and left hung somewhere. Do these pet owners think there is a poo bag fairy?

I would suggest that the bag-hangers normally collect them up on their return route.  Personally, I carry a dedicated "carry pack" to put any bagged arisings into (rather than leave them swinging in the wind for pick-up on the return journey).

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »

I would suggest that the bag-hangers normally collect them up on their return route.

This is very much a pet hate of farmers with cattle.  Cattle are inquisitive and will eat these, often necessitating an operation or even resulting in death.  For the sake of carrying a little bag around with you...  :rant: :rant:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 05:17:35 pm »
I agree whole-heartedly with SallyintNorth:  leaving poo-bags (for collection on return) in livestock areas is not a good thing.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:12 pm »

I would suggest that the bag-hangers normally collect them up on their return route.  Personally, I carry a dedicated "carry pack" to put any bagged arisings into (rather than leave them swinging in the wind for pick-up on the return journey).

I'm sure some might but not many.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 08:03:21 pm »
At last a place where I can get away with mentioning my chagrin at the loss of triple-nutted peanut shells !

One might still find a shell with a single nut in a bag of "monkey nuts" rather than the standard 2-nut shell, but the triple-nut shell has long since disappeared.

My favorites were the 3-nut shells. (Once upon a time, there were even 4-nut shells, but, this far on I'm beginning to wonder whether I dreamed that).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:13:14 pm by arobwk »

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2020, 09:16:07 pm »
At last a place where I can get away with mentioning my chagrin at the loss of triple-nutted peanut shells !

One might still find a shell with a single nut in a bag of "monkey nuts" rather than the standard 2-nut shell, but the triple-nut shell has long since disappeared.

My favorites were the 3-nut shells. (Once upon a time, there were even 4-nut shells, but, this far on I'm beginning to wonder whether I dreamed that).

That could drive someone nuts arobwk! 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2020, 09:49:48 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 10:39:19 pm »
Roast monkey nuts - eat a handful , shells and all, for the most satisfying morning dump.....
I used to recommend ground roast peanut shell for dogs with bowel problems - excellent for many forms of colitis.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2020, 10:57:17 pm »
Roast monkey nuts - eat a handful , shells and all, for the most satisfying morning dump.....
I used to recommend ground roast peanut shell for dogs with bowel problems - excellent for many forms of colitis.

Thanks pgk', but I don't think I'm going to try munching peanut shells any time soon !!   

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS