Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Slow laying  (Read 7252 times)

Tweedle

• Joined Jul 2008
  • GMT -5
  • Callender Farms
    • Callender Farms, New Hampshire
Re: Slow laying
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 07:18:30 pm »
Two things:
1) WE GOT AN EGG! So now we are waiting for the other 18 to start poppin them out and if I'm figuring correctly that would put us around $7,200 a dozen. (Not bad for farm fresh eggs, if I do say so myself lol)

2) Is that really him?
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."  -Winston Churchill-

http://www.callenderfarm.com

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 06:56:21 am »
Well all 14 of our chooks are at an age where they  should be laying and the buff orpingtons are meant to lay through the winter but still nothing.  They seem more interested in teasing the ferrets and playing leap frog than laying eggs. There is a big light above there coup so light shouldn't be a problem, just have to wait till spring and see if anything happens.  Anyone else had any joy yet?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 10:13:58 pm »
No, only one ex batt egg a day here.  But it is VERY wet, and they are miserable.  My ex batts are getting porridge in the morning as well as their layers pellets, so maybe the light sussex should get the same and I might get one more egg. ;)  I'm definitely going to get a solar light to try that.  My pretty solar garden lamps are still getting enough sun to glow - but they are alternating blue, read and green so not much use in the chicken shed. ;) :D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS