Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Permitted Development right Advice!  (Read 10328 times)

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
Re: Permitted Development right Advice!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 10:52:12 pm »
Acid soil?

Very! All those pine needles create a very acidic soil
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »
forget it you cannot build on agricultural land nor can you plonk a caravan on it.  You need to read up what is classed as permitted development and putting any form of building in the countryside is def not. If this was the case then every man and his dog would be living in the woods.  Sadly even those living in the woods and making a big contribution are not seen to have any legal rights.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 09:59:40 pm »
There is permitted development to erect an agricultural building on agricultural land, although as pointed out, getting planning for a habitation is a different matter.
However, if Wondering Hobbit can prove he can make the minimum wage off his land, and with 30 acres this is possible, then he has a good chance to get permission for a house as well. :sunshine:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:03:32 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 07:01:59 am »
There is permitted development to erect an agricultural building on agricultural land, although as pointed out, getting planning for a habitation is a different matter.
However, if Wondering Hobbit can prove he can make the minimum wage off his land, and with 30 acres this is possible, then he has a good chance to get permission for a house as well. :sunshine:

Totally depends on where he is in country.   (not sure how you would make living wage of 30 acres of exconifer!)
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 10:34:49 pm »

Totally depends on where he is in country.   (not sure how you would make living wage of 30 acres of exconifer!

Bit of a bleak answer Backinwellies!
It might not be your idea of how to get into agriculture, but it's highly possible to make a decent living on 30 acres of poor grade land by means of pigs or poultry - to name but a few. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:42:14 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 12:12:12 am »
My neighbour was going to go for planning based on an agricultural business and would have had to put in a five year business plan.
  Its not impossible just hard.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 01:52:31 am »
Hello - Hello - Wandering Hobbits, are you there or have you gone already?

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:17 pm »
Well worth a read enforcement notice appeal

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 11:27:52 pm »
Interesting mart6!

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 03:38:30 pm »
My primary concern would be the "once a forest, always a forest" rule, unless you have planning permission for change of land use. I was under the impression that all felled trees must be replaced, and that you are not allowed to remove/reduce a wood / forest slowly over time using your quarterly allowance.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 04:13:32 pm »
My primary concern would be the "once a forest, always a forest" rule, unless you have planning permission for change of land use. I was under the impression that all felled trees must be replaced, and that you are not allowed to remove/reduce a wood / forest slowly over time using your quarterly allowance.

Under The Forestry Act 1967 (as amended) you have to say how you intend to replace the trees once felled. And the FC tend to place conditions in the licences granted to do just that. If you intend to not replace that trees once felled, you have to gain permission and it often involves an evironmental impact assessment.

http://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/supporting/grants-and-regulations/felling-licences

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:16:28 pm by alang »
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 05:23:55 pm »
Interesting mart6!
Its worth reading through enforcement appeals, i read trough many years of them
Could save yourself £ thousands and dont always take what the council tell you as being fact.
I have a file of things the council told me many from head planning officer and majority of it
was not even worth the paper it was wrote on totaly clueless comes to mind

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 01:57:35 pm »
Interesting mart6!
Its worth reading through enforcement appeals, i read trough many years of them
Could save yourself £ thousands and dont always take what the council tell you as being fact.
I have a file of things the council told me many from head planning officer and majority of it
was not even worth the paper it was wrote on totaly clueless comes to mind

Me too!
Yet people still, in their ignorance, advise someone to "talk to the planners". It's the worst thing you can do! There's all the information about what you can or can't do the internet. Written by experienced planning professionals, not just some public jobsworth that has been promoted to the level of his incompetency. :dunce: Martin Goodall's Planning blog is very informative. :thumbsup:
Rules are made:

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 02:07:28 pm »
Sorry this is a bit late...Can you use coniferous trees to make charcoal? Need to be on site for that, I think?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS