Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land and Static Home - Advice wanted  (Read 620 times)

LeanneR88

• Joined Jan 2014
Land and Static Home - Advice wanted
« on: September 26, 2019, 09:39:43 am »
Has anyone in Scotland purchased a piece of land and put a static home on it? Is this something that can be easily done?

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Land and Static Home - Advice wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 04:15:55 pm »
Several people have done it in Aberdeenshire....most have then faced enforcement action for removal after retrospective planning permission was refused.  A couple have got away with it in the past, generally by building a 4 high stack of Hesston bales with a residential caravan in the middle of them and living in it for 7 or 8 years before "using" the bales and gradually revealing their home... of course they'll never be able to sell it on because there's neither planning nor building consent in place.  I think Aberdeenshire Council is much more aware of things now and looks for these kinds of developments so it would be much harder to pull off these days I think.  Having said that, I believe the planning rules have changed to grant consent on ground where a previous dwelling existed... even if it was 100 years ago and just a wooden shack so start scouring old maps and "find" somewhere that shows a non-existent dwelling and you could find an opportunity.
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow. Some like to think it's in England.
Re: Land and Static Home - Advice wanted
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:14:13 pm »
Hay bales are no defence against satellite imaging:  local authorities buy access to the latest satellite data for planning purposes (well, my LA does).  How often they critically review that data is another matter of course!

Advice wanted re mobile home on agricultural land for working purposes

Started by Krystian

Replies: 1
Views: 1470
Last post February 15, 2016, 07:02:52 pm
by UPoneacre
Static Home

Started by Paultol1974

Replies: 5
Views: 2914
Last post November 23, 2015, 12:15:55 am
by mart6
Building an eco home on green belt land?

Started by KatieS

Replies: 4
Views: 1971
Last post November 09, 2017, 11:19:47 pm
by juliem
Aonb land advice please

Started by Rebeccakristy

Replies: 0
Views: 459
Last post June 20, 2019, 09:33:14 pm
by Rebeccakristy
Static

Started by Carroll

Replies: 2
Views: 1476
Last post November 11, 2017, 07:11:33 pm
by greenbeast

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS