Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help with directions ALLOA, please!  (Read 3745 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
help with directions ALLOA, please!
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »
Hello all in Clackmanshire (hope I spelled it right  ;)), hope you can help!

I need to find a fairly new area tomorrow, coming from Fife via Dollar:

it's called Chestnut Lane near a double roundabout Dumyat View and Dumyat Park
I only have directions from Bridge of Allen but it seems to be doubling back - and it's not on Google!
Can anybody help? :&> :&>

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
Re: help with directions ALLOA, please!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:00:58 pm »
What directions do you have from B O A.  Are you coming into Alloa, or is it Tullibody, there is a new estate there.  I havent heard of that estate.  If are stuck at all Kirsten, my phone no is 01259 743332.    I shall be at home till 10 am  then off out for an hour.shall be home about 11.30   My mob.   07971945061        If you get lost give me a phone.  I live between Dollarbeg and Coalsnaughton.   I am the long white house with the windsock in the field.  Have you the postcode of where you are looking for.
Cheers Helen

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:50 pm »
PC is FK102UX. I was told to go straight from BOA towards Alloa until I see the roundabouts - but I always came from the Wallace monument into BOA, so have no idea even which direction I am to face to get there... :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »
When you reach Alloa, head for the Kincardine Bridge, when you come to the Mary Wood Roundabout with the silver man and woman monument - stupid thing that it is - turn into Clackmannan.  Turn right at the first junction, just past a white pub on your right, go up a hill, then turn left at the top into Main Street.  Go down almost to the bottom and on the left is the Post Office.  Jim will tell you where to go from there as all I can see on the map is a farm in the middle of nowhere.  I looked on Bing Maps (google that) and put in the postcode.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:16 pm »
Thanks, Helen, thanks, Annie!
I found it well enough after that awful diversion around Dollar....Fishcross and then straight on to the new area.
I love your roundabouts, they are really pretty!
 ;D ;D :&>

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:52 pm »
What directions do you have from B O A.  Are you coming into Alloa, or is it Tullibody, there is a new estate there.  I havent heard of that estate.  If are stuck at all Kirsten, my phone no is 01259 743332.    I shall be at home till 10 am  then off out for an hour.shall be home about 11.30   My mob.   07971945061        If you get lost give me a phone.  I live between Dollarbeg and Coalsnaughton.   I am the long white house with the windsock in the field.  Have you the postcode of where you are looking for.
Cheers Helen

please please please edit this post!

you have given out far too much detail of your house and when it is going to be empty  ;)
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »
Kirsten, where was it .  Is it in Alloa or Clackmannan.  My house wasnt empty.  I was out for an hour  hubby was in.  House is never empty, always someone around.
Cheers Helen

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
the very West of Tullibody!
Helen, I'll have to go a few more times, maybe when I don't have a strict time to be back like today, I'd love to visit your zoo! I you want you can pm me those details again and take them off the WWW  ;)
XX Kerstin

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 02:52:30 pm »
Oh there are a few new estates in Tullibody, Kirsten.  Some lovely houses  there.  I do hope you will pop in sometime.  As long as you got to your destination and home safely thats all that matters.  I didnt want you getting lost and feeling you had no one to contact.  I am the worlds worst at getting lost.  lol
Cheers Helen

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:09:17 pm »
 ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS