Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Old NH baler tyre  (Read 2442 times)

wolfman99

• Joined Jul 2019
Old NH baler tyre
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:29:21 pm »
Hi, I'm a newbie on here... :wave:
I have an old New Holland 377 baler....it's great, runs like clockwork but I need new tyres.....one side is ok and available but the other side is an 8.50 x 12 which people tell me is no longer made.....after lots of phoning around talking to various people and scouring ebay I've hit the buffers....
Can anyone help or suggest a solution?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Old NH baler tyre
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:57 pm »
Just take it to tyre fitter and ask for a 12” tyre and tube to fit.
If you want a 8.5 x 12  be prepared to pay over a hundred pounds.
12” budget tyre will do just as well.

Ps don’t bother getting  it  balanced!,

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:09:55 pm »
I needed a new tyre for my NH 276 (can't remember the size).  Visited a few tyre places before one said "leave it with me I'll find something".  A few day later I had an old trye off a campervan fitted.  More or less the right size with a few mm of tread (I had told the guy it will only ever drive at 5mph on a field) and I was only charged £15 for fitting it (tyre was free).

You just need something with close to the right diameter (and the correct rim size).

wolfman99

• Joined Jul 2019
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:58:16 pm »
Thanks guys.....I've taken your advice and am having the nearest available fitted.....it'll be slightly smaller diameter but should do the job.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS