Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crovect  (Read 2773 times)

Chloestemp

• Joined Jun 2019
Crovect
« on: June 24, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
Hi all, I was just wondering is crovect harmful to humans? I have got some on my face this evening while shearing and oh my word! My face is on fire!!!
Thanks in advance

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Crovect
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 08:24:46 am »
yes, it will make you itch like hell, I find that after spraying its worse in strong sunlight and if you start to sweat. Your meant to wear fully protective clothing to apply too!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Crovect
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:05:45 am »
Yes it’s extremely harmful.  Can rot your overtrousers, burn your skin, cause breathing problems and even neurological problems.  I’m now sensitised to it and have to wear full protective gear including full face mask.  Haven’t yet found gloves that let you use your fingers and don’t get rotted within a few applications :/

Don’t overdose the sheep, either.  We had a mishap and overdosed two of our sheep with a double full dose of it on their heads.  (Treating for headflies, hadn’t reset the applicator.). They had problems walking for several months.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS