Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Prices  (Read 3345 times)

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
Prices
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:05:05 am »
Thought some crafters may be interested.

I've just has an email about the price of Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter and some Essential Oils. The prices are expected to go up soon due to poor harvests and an overall increase in worldwide demand.

Just a heads up, if you see any sales/bargains it might be as well to stock up if you can.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:56:42 am »
Ah heck!! thanks SteveMo - I use loads of those ingredients in my cosmetics. Looks like the price of my soaps might be going up which I hate to do  :-\
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:38:48 am »
I've nothing solid on this, just the email that was from a soapy site, but thought it was worth a mention and that some people might like to follow up on it.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:53:39 pm »
Indeed. definately worth buying a load now - am due an order soon anyway. thanks again.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 05:14:46 pm »
back onto this subject having gone to order my coconut oil - one company wanted £145 for my normal £25 order!!!  luckily usual supplier still holding her prices consistantly. how scary though?!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »
 :o
Little Blue

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 09:11:28 am »
Surely thats just speculation, they cant really expect people to absorb price hikes like that?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 09:57:24 am »
I've had to shop around a lot more as I am in a position where a price hike will put my own prices up but I still have to make soap using the same recipe (or undergo another safety assessment costing me around £80! a time) so...I trawl sites like ebay where people who have wanted to have a go at soap making and find that they don't want to sell on their moulds, equipment etc and I buy their stuff job lot.  last week I bought in bath bomb ingredients for £30 from someone, this could have cost nearer £100 for the quantity it was.
even increases in hay prices will impact as I need the good hay to keep the milk coming for good soap...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS